Frequently Asked Questions
There are different reasons that may cause this problem. The first step is to check for any errors that you might get when trying to connect.
- "Password too short": Re-download the INI file.
- "Whoops! The username and password do not match -- please check your spelling": Re-download the INI file.
- "(5) ID error -2, disconnecting. Ask at http://forums.furcadia.com/index.php?showforum=6 or http://support.furcadia.com/ for help fixing this technical problem. Sorry for the inconvenience." Re-download the INI file. ID errors -1, -2, -3, -4, and -5 should all be fixed by re-downloading the INI file - if that doesn't work, post on the forums for help and include the full message.
- [list of the current connection errors and explanation]
If you don't get a specific error - for example, if you just see the Welcome Screen hang forever - you should then consider:
- Is this a new computer, new area (e.g., university, hotel, new apartment), or otherwise new install of Furcadia? (lead them through checking firewall, router, AV, all the third party junk)
- Does this affect just one of your characters? (password issue)
- ??? (Consult DD/Artex/Bugges Who Know What They're Doing for more possibilities)